Religious Research Association Treasurer
The Religious Research Association invites applications for treasurer, to begin January 1, 2021. The treasurer is a voluntary position appointed by the Board of Directors to a three-year term and may serve an unlimited number of terms.
- Assist the Executive Officer in creating and
administering the annual operating budget:
- Provide advice to and review of the Executive Officer in his or her preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Review quarterly budget reports from the Business Manager or Executive Officer.
- Advise Executive Officer on the timing and nature of outside financial reviews, and the choice of a reviewer.
- Manage the Association’s two investment funds – the
Restricted Reserve Fund ($300,000), and the H.P.Douglass Fund ($50,000):
- Chair the Investment Committee (Treasurer, Executive Officer, and President).
Be accountable for the implementation of the investment policy and making suggestions to the board through the investment committee for changes to it.
- Monitor investments and make quarterly
performance reports to Investment Committee.
- Guide the Investment Committee in choosing and changing Mutual Funds and ETFs that implement the Investment Policy, and in tweaking the allocation among specific investments.
- Be accountable for the implementation of the investment policy, and guide the Board in the occasional review and revision of Investment Policies
- Submit Treasurer’s report to the annual board meeting that includes: an overview of the fiscal situation of the Association; comment on the current and past year’s operating budget performance; commentary on the proposed budget; a summary of decisions made by the Investment Committee, and comment on investments including attachment of the previous quarter’s Investment Committee report.
- Attend annual Board of Directors meetings as a voting member.
- Participate in Executive Committee decision making.
- Be a member in good standing with the Association.
- Experience/Familiarity with organizational budgets and budgeting.
- Experience/Familiarity with retirement account and/or endowment investment strategy and oversight.
- Experience/Familiarity/Comfort with mutual fund/ETF investments.
Interested persons should submit a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Executive Officer Kevin Dougherty at Kevin_Dougherty@baylor.edu. Application materials are due September 1. The Board of Directors will select a treasurer at the 2020 board meeting in October.