Future Issue: Parishes and Communities
For forty years the U.S. Catholic Historian has published theme-based issues relevant to the history of American Catholicism. An upcoming issue will address the theme of Parishes and Communities in the U.S. Catholic context. Contributions could include, but are not limited to, historical studies of the following:
- Case studies of Catholic parishes and their communities, highlighting ethnic, racial, social, or political identities.
- Relationships among clergy, laity and religious within a parish/parishes.
- The role of geography in parish development.
- Staffing of parishes by religious communities/orders.
- Pastoral planning initiatives, including parish closures and consolidations.
Scholars considering a submission are asked to contact the editor, Fr. David Endres at DEndres@mtsm.org before preparing a contribution. Approximate length is 7,000-10,000 words. We ask for submissions by August 1, 2022 and look forward to hearing from potential contributors.