GCFA is presently seeking candidates for an addition to the Data Services team in the position of Senior Research Data Analyst. The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing senior leadership and managers with an increased capacity to analyze data and leverage analyses that supports the General Council on Finance and Administration’s (GCFA) priorities; assistance in the management of the research and analysis activities of the agency, including collaboration with other agencies and researchers; the development and dissemination of data products for use by decision makers at all levels of the connection; responsible for making research recommendations to existing and newly forming programs and assisting with other special assignments related to program effectiveness and research as assigned. Will also use advanced statistical analysis, qualitative analysis, relevant academic research, and the development and interpretation of measurement tools (e.g. surveys) to assess the economic and social impact of the Church in society and to promote a healthy self-understanding of the state of the Church locally, regionally and globally.
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or a related quantitative analytical field is required.
• 8+ years’ experience in a diverse and complex organization, to include supervision and development of subordinates, accountability for project management and product delivery, integration of related functions, and customer/client support.
• Must have proven experience with publication; report writing; project management; database management; statistical analysis tools and desktop publishing programs.
• Experience in policy analysis that includes advanced, complex statistical modeling, fluency in high level research tools (e.g., SPSS, SAS, STATA) and fluency with databases and data-gathering instruments (e.g., surveys, observational rubrics, advanced information systems).
• Experience with advanced statistical procedures.
• Knowledge or willingness to learn United Methodist denominational polity and organizational structure essential.
• UMC Member is preferred
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: February 15, 2017
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms